Whether you're looking to hit the road with your caravan, camper trailer, or boat, you'll want your vehicle to be kitted out for the job. From towing mirrors to tie down straps, Anaconda's huge range of towing accessories will have you ready to roll.
19 items found.
Avoid common off-road towing mistakes
Off-road towing is the gateway to a whole new world of adventure. Whether you're towing your home-away-from-home to that perfect location beyond the crowds or taking your boat to a great little fishing spot that's not on the map, 4WD towing offers you the freedom to chart your own course.
To make sure you get where you're going (and back again) safely and hassle-free, it's important that you not only have the right communication and navigation set up and recovery gear, but that you know what you're doing so you can avoid the common mistakes often made by inexperienced drivers. There are many short courses available and, if you're not completely comfortable with your knowledge and ability, it's a great idea to do one of these before you head off into the wilderness on your own.
Always remember to:
- Know the maximum towing weight of your vehicle and tow bar, and make sure you're below this.
- Be aware that towing a caravan, boat or trailer can make steering harder, particularly off-road.
- Be aware that your visibility may be compromised.
Must have towing accessories and equipment
Essential towing equipment will vary for everyone depending on things like what kind of vehicle you're driving, the conditions you'll be driving in, the terrain you'll be tackling and how long you plan to be on (or off) the road. Here are a few common accessories that will nearly always come in handy:
- Towing mirror - that extends out to the right of your 4WD mirror for extra visibility.
- Blindspot mirror - that sticks on to the side mirror to expand your field of vision.
- Chocks or wheel clamp - to stop caravan/trailer wheels moving.
- Levelling ramps - to stop rolling and keep the vehicle level.
- Shin protector - to prevent painful shin run-ins with the tow bar.
- Locks - to keep the trailer, boat, or caravan locked to your vehicle or safe.
Find the Right Towing Mirrors, Equipment and Accessories at Anaconda
Whatever you plan on towing, Anaconda's range of towing mirrors, equipment and accessories will have you ready to hit the road. What's more, we'll have you sorted for all your off-roading needs, from electrical accessories, compressors and fuel containers, to GPS navigation and communication devices, load restraints, recovery gear and much more. If you'd like more information on what recovery and towing gear you need for your next adventure, check out our Recovery and Towing Buying Guide for all the info you need.
To see the range in person or to chat with a friendly team member, take a look at our store finder to find a store near you.