At Anaconda, we have a huge range of spinning rods and fishing rods for all fishing conditions. Discover the wide range of spinning rods, spinning reels, monofilament fishing line and terminal tackle at best possible prices.
302 items found.
CAN I BUY SPINNING RODS AT ANACONDA?
You certainly can. With more than 100 spinning rods available in our collection, Anaconda offers anglers an easy way to find their perfect spinning rod and spinning reel. You can choose from ultralight, medium or heavy-duty rods for every type of target fish and for all fishing conditions. Anaconda showcases spinning rods and spinning combos from well-known fishing brands including Shimano, Ugly Stik, Abu Garcia, Jarvis Walker, Berkley and more, in sizes ranging from 3 feet 6 inches up to 9 feet long. Anaconda has great spinning fishing rods, baitcast rods, overhead rods, fly fishing rods and rod holders perfect for Australian anglers.
High quality Anaconda fishing rod options include Shimano Raider, Daiwa Saltiga and many more great products for everything from bait casting to big game fishing. With premium manufacturers such as Okuma, Penn, Rovex, Silstar and Veritas on your side, plus highest quality aerators, trolling gear, jig heads, swivels, gaffs and tackle boxes to choose from, your chances of catching elusive Bream, Snapper, Flathead and other Australian favourites will increase dramatically. If shopping online, simply make a wishlist, add products to your virtual shopping cart, and proceed to checkout for speedy home delivery. Alternatively, visit your nearest Anaconda retailer for first-hand experience of the best spinning fishing rods, overhead rods, surf fishing rods, travel rods and fly fishing rods in the business.
WHEN SHOULD I USE A SPINNING ROD?
Spinning rods are much easier to use than many other types of fishing rods and are typically used by amateur anglers before graduating to a bait casting rod. You hold a spinning rod with the reel on the underside of the rod so that you can grasp the line with your index finger. To cast your bait, you flip the line catch over the reel so the line can be released. You hold the line firmly with your index finger an inch or two above the reel so it is pinched in place. Pull the rod out to your side and flick the tip toward your target with a wrist action similar to skipping a stone. Release your index finger from the line when the rod is forward to release the lure. The technique can be mastered in no time.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A SPINNING ROD?
- For starters, spinning rods can help you to throw light fishing lures farther. From weightless baits to lures up to a 1/4 of an ounce, a spinning rod, spinning reel and appropriate terminal tackle is hard to beat for distance.
- If you want to skip fishing lures, sinkers, swivels or live bait under low hanging cover such as docks, piers, bushes or the low limbs of trees, you should choose spinning tackle.
- Spinning rod tackle allows your lure to sink down straighter without as much "pendulum effect" from the rotational spool found on baitcasters.
- Are you right-handed or left-handed? With spinning rods and reels it does not matter because on most spinning reels the reel handle can be switched between the right and left sides to fit your needs.
- When using a spinning rod and spinning reel, you can easily adjust drag to catch larger fish without stressing the line.
DOES ANACONDA SELL OTHER FISHING RODS TOO?
The Anaconda collection of fishing rods for Australian conditions is vast. Our collection of fishing rods includes the best spinning rods, spinning combos and spinning reels along with highest quality baitcasting rods, overhead rods and other styles for all types of anglers. In addition, our fishing accessories range is unbeatable. Here you will find rod holders, tackle boxes, soft plastic and hard body lures, hooks, sinkers, swivels, pliers, waders and life jackets. Whether you enjoy rock fishing, beach fishing, kayak fishing, saltwater fishing or fresh water fishing, we have everything you need at Anaconda.