With a huge range of spinning rods available, anglers will be able to find their perfect rod here at Anaconda. Choose from lightweight, medium or heavy duty rods for every type of target fish and for all fishing conditions. With spinning rods from most well-known fishing brands including Shimano, Abu Garcia and Shakespeare among others, in sizes ranging from 3 foot 6 to 9 feet long, Anaconda has spinning rods for occasional fishermen as well as serious anglers, all at the best possible prices
214 items found.
Can I buy spinning rods at Anaconda?
Yes, you can! With more than 100 spinning rods available in its collection, Anaconda offers anglers an easy way to find their perfect rod spinning here. You can choose from lightweight, medium or heavy-duty rods for every type of target fish and for all fishing conditions. With spinning rods from most well-known fishing brands including Shimano, Ugly Stik, Abu Garcia and Shakespeare among others, in sizes ranging from 3 feet 6 inches up to 9 feet long, Anaconda has spinning rods for occasional fishermen as well as serious anglers, all at the best possible prices.
When should I use a spinning rod?
Spinning rods are much easier to use than many other types of fishing rods and are typically used by amateur anglers before graduating to a bait-casting rod. You hold a spinning rod with the reel on the underside of the rod so that you can grasp the line with your index finger. To cast your bait, you flip the line catch over the reel so the line can be released. This is the metal piece of wire that arches over the line. You hold the line firmly with your index finger an inch or two above the reel so it is pinched in place. Pull the rod out to your side and flick the tip toward your target with a wrist action similar to skipping a stone. Release your index finger from the line when the rod is forward to release the lure.
What are the benefits of using a spinning rod?
1) For starters, spinning rods can help you to throw lighter lures farther. From weightless baits to lures up to a 1/4 of an ounce, a spinning rod and reel is hard to beat for distance.
2) If wind is an issue at all, the advantages of spinning tackle become even greater. Casting across or into the wind is much more efficient with spinning tackle, especially if the lures are on the light side.
3) If you want to skip lures under low hanging cover such as docks, piers, bushes or the low limbs of trees, you should choose spinning tackle.
4) Another benefit of spinning tackle is that it allows your lure to sink down straighter without as much "pendulum effect" from the rotational spool found on baitcasters.
5) Are you right-handed or left-handed? With spinning rods and reels it does not matter because on most spinning reels the reel handle is swappable between the right and left sides to fit your needs.
6) One last big advantage of using a spinning rod and reel is that you can easily adjust your drag during the fight with a fish.
Does Anaconda sell other fishing rods too?
Yes, out vast collection of fishing rods does not only include spinning rods, but also baitcasting rods and overhead rods. You will be delighted with the vast choice of rods, reels, fishing lines, lures, and all the accessories, storage and essentials that you may need when going out fishing. Even clothing and footwear for anglers are featured here, all in one convenient place and at great prices!