Discover Anaconda's wide range of spinning rods, spinning reels, and terminal tackle at a great price! Explore our collection today!
311 items found.
Experienced anglers and newcomers to fishing all appreciate the value and utility of spinning combos. A spinning combo is a package deal with fishing rod (spinning rod) and fishing reel (spinning reel). Rod & reel combos are instantly ready for fishing action with the addition of braid fishing line or monofilament fishing line, plus appropriate terminal tackle, all on show at Anaconda. We partner with major fishing brands including Berkley, Alvey, Platypus, Vibes, Silstar, Sienna and Okuma to deliver the best quality gear for the lowest available price.
CAN I PURCHASE SPINNING COMBOS AT ANACONDA?
You sure can. Fishing is an Anaconda specialty, and customers are spoilt for choice with top quality fishing equipment and fishing accessories from world leading brands. Our collection includes spinning combos, spinning reels, spinning rods, overhead reels, surf rods, overhead combos and fly fishing rods. Big name brands available at Anaconda include Abu Garcia, Penn, Ugly Stik, Daiwa, Shimano and Berkley, so you can have confidence in your purchase.
WHY ARE SPINNING COMBOS SO POPULAR?
There are a variety of reasons but we will look at some of the main things that anglers mention when asked:1. Spinning combos can throw lighter lures farther. From weightless baits to lures up to a 1/4 of an ounce, a spinning rod and reel is hard to beat for distance.
2. If wind is an issue at all, spinning combos are even more advantageous. Casting across or into the wind is much more efficient with spinning tackle, especially if the lures are on the light side.
3. If you want to skip lures under low hanging cover such as docks, piers, bushes or the low limbs of trees, then spinning tackle again outshines baitcasting gear. If you want to start skipping lures immediately, spinning combos are far more forgiving.
4. An often-overlooked benefit of spinning combos is it allows your lure to sink down straighter without as much "pendulum effect" from the rotational spool found on baitcasters. When a lure sinks from a baitcaster, it encounters resistance in the form of pulling the rotational spool, which causes a lure to pendulum towards the angler as it sinks.
5. Are you right-handed or left-handed? With spinning combos, it does not matter because on most spinning reels the reel handle is swappable between the right and left sides to fit your needs.
6. One last big advantage of using a spinning reel is that you can easily adjust your drag during the fight with a fish.
WHY BUY A SPINNING COMBO INSTEAD OF BUYING THE ROD AND REEL SEPARATELY?
The benefit of getting a rod and reel combo is that you will know that the specifications of each component will work well with the other. You won't have to worry about whether the flexibility of the rod will be compatible with the gear ratio of the reel, because a professional has already figured that out for you. Beginners therefore often prefer to buy a fishing combo rather than choosing their reel and rod separately. Getting a combo is great if you want to simplify the process of getting new gear.
The combo also has the additional benefit of cost. When packaged together, you can often find combos that are priced at a very reasonable rate, usually cheaper than buying the two components separately. Therefore, if you're on a budget you can get a little bit better quality equipment within your price range if you go for a combo set.
WHAT OTHER FISHING GEAR SHOULD I CONSIDER?
Experienced anglers carry a lot of equipment so they can adjust fishing strategy according to the prevailing conditions. If you have your fishing rod, fishing reel and fishing line sorted, it's time to explore more options. Check out great value tackle boxes, life jackets, waders, squid jigs, jig heads, gaffs, swivels, pliers and more. If you are looking for hard body lures, soft body lures, sinkers, aerators, rod holders, sharpeners, leader line or spinnerbaits, you have come to the right place.
Explore the Anaconda collection for Australian anglers online or in-store. We have cast nets, tackle kits, tackle bags, fishing tools and even fishing kayaks. If purchasing online, make a wishlist, add products to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout for speedy delivery to your door. It really is very easy to get started with a little expert guidance, and there is every chance you will get bragging rights for the catch of the day instead of the one that got away.