Our range of 4WD recovery hooks will help you get your vehicle out of the mud in no time. Shop 4WD recovery hooks online at Anaconda now.
4 items found.
Discover The Best Tow Hooks & Recovery Hooks At Anaconda
At Anaconda, you will find an incredible range of tow hooks and recovery hooks that should be an essential piece of recovery equipment in every 4WDer's arsenal. Anaconda teams up with leading 4WD brands, such as Gripwell, Dune and ARK, to bring you only the best and high-quality tow hooks and other essential recovery gear that won't let you down when you need it the most. Having the right type of tow hooks is crucial, which is why Anaconda only provides the best recovery hooks that are made from high-quality materials such as stainless steel to ensure increased strength and durability when towing heavy loads. From ski tow hooks to 4WD recovery hooks and everything in between, you will find it right here at Anaconda.
Towing & 4WD Hooks FAQs
How to install a tow hook
When it comes to how to install a tow hook, just follow these easy steps and you will be rigged up in no time:
- Start by using a flathead screwdriver to take off the plastic plate that is covering the tow hook hole, then push out the hook which is hanging over with your finger.
- Now use an anti-seize on the thread end of the tow hook. Then apply the blue thread locker to the set screw, along with placing a set screw inside using a 1/4 inch allen key wrench.
- Using the set screw, install the tow hook until it is facing your preferred direction.
What is a tow hook used for?
In simple terms, a tow hook is an essential piece of recovery equipment that is attached to a vehicle and is used to pull a bogged vehicle to safety. Tow hooks can be eyelets or metal hooks, either removable or fixed, and are attached to recovery points on a vehicle or are also used as pickup points for tow cables, depending on the application. For more helpful info, check out our Off-Road Towing & Recovery Essentials Buying Guide.
Do tow hooks fit all cars?
No, tow hooks are not universally designed to fit all types of cars. There are a variety of recovery tow hooks that can all vary in factors such as size, coating, weight, type and purpose. When it comes to knowing which tow hook is best for your vehicle, understanding the thread size will play a huge role. Below we have provided a breakdown of the most important factors to consider when choosing the right type of tow hook for your vehicle.
How to choose the right tow hook?
- Weight: You must make sure that the tow hook you are considering is rated for the weight of your vehicle or the vehicle that needs to be recovered. Never use a tow hook that is not rated well above your vehicle's weight.
- Coating: Another important factor to consider is the coating around the tow hook. You ideally will want a tow hook that has a durable coating to make sure it is protected against rust, which is usually a powder coating.
- Type: And one of the most important factors when looking for a tow hook is making sure you have the right type of tow hook! Is a D-ring going to get the job done or is a traditional hook needed?
Shop Our Entire Range Of Recovery Hooks & Tow Hooks Online Or In-Store At Anaconda
Check out our exciting range of tow hooks, recovery hooks and more at Anaconda and make sure that you have the best gear for your next 4WD off-road adventure! At Anaconda, we offer gift cards, Club deals, payment options and new arrivals that you won't be able to resist. Browse our entire 4WD & Caravan range including straps & ropes, 4WD mats, fuel containers, towing and more, and check out our Adventure Centre for helpful tips and exciting destinations such as The Ultimate 4WD Checklist, Essential 4WD Accessories For Happy Adventures and Our Caravan Essentials Buying Guide.