The spinning combo range at Anaconda has every anglers' need for a memorable day of fishing. Discover the collection of fishing combos at Anaconda.
93 items found.
Can I purchase spinning combos at Anaconda?
Yes, you can. Anaconda stocks a huge variety of spinning combos (rod and reel combinations), from manufacturers such as Shakespeare, Shimano, Ugly Stik, Abu Gracia and many others. You can choose your spinning combos by brand, by length of rod, and by your preferred budget range, so you will have plenty of options to choose from.
Why are spinning combos so popular?
There are a variety of reasons but we will look at some of the main things that anglers mention when asked:
1. Spinning combos can throw lighter lures farther. From weightless baits to lures up to a 1/4 of an ounce, a spinning rod and reel is hard to beat for distance.
2. If wind is an issue at all, spinning combos are even more advantageous. Casting across or into the wind is much more efficient with spinning tackle, especially if the lures are on the light side.
3. If you want to skip lures under low hanging cover such as docks, piers, bushes or the low limbs of trees, then spinning tackle again outshines baitcasting gear. If you want to start skipping lures immediately, spinning combos are far more forgiving.
4. An often-overlooked benefit of spinning combos is it allows your lure to sink down straighter without as much "pendulum effect" from the rotational spool found on baitcasters. When a lure sinks from a baitcaster, it encounters resistance in the form of pulling the rotational spool, which causes a lure to pendulum towards the angler as it sinks.
5. Are you right-handed or left-handed? With spinning combos, it does not matter because on most spinning reels the reel handle is swappable between the right and left sides to fit your needs.
6. One last big advantage of using a spinning reel is that you can easily adjust your drag during the fight with a fish.
Why buy a spinning combo instead of buying the rod and reel separately?
The benefit of getting a rod and reel combo is that you will know that the specifications of each component will work well with the other. You won't have to worry about whether the flexibility of the rod will be compatible with the gear ratio of the reel, because a professional has already figured that out for you. Beginners therefore often prefer to buy a fishing combo rather than choosing their reel and rod separately. Getting a combo is great if you want to simplify the process of getting new gear.
The combo also has the additional benefit of cost. When packaged together, you can often find combos that are priced at a very reasonable rate, usually cheaper than buying the two components separately. Therefore, if you're on a budget you can get a little bit better quality equipment within your price range if you go for a combo set.