Spare Parts & Repair
21 items found.
Your one-stop shop to take great care of your bike
Whether you're just looking for a spare tyre or you want a complete set of maintenance tools to set up a bike workshop in your garage, Anaconda has a range of bicycle spare parts and accessories to suit your needs.
Bike parts you need to know about
Before you start tinkering around, it's a good idea to have a clear understanding of the various parts of your bike and where they're located. Let's take a look at the basics.
- Pedals: The pedals are attached to the crank, which is in turn attached to the chain. When you push the pedals with your feet, you cause the crank to rotate which provides the bike with power.
- Chain: The bike's chain is a set of metal links that connect the crank and the rear wheel. It enables the power generated from pedalling to be transmitted to the rear wheel.
- Derailleurs: Most geared bikes will have both a front and rear derailleur. These are mechanisms for lifting the chain from one gear wheel to another.
- Brakes: Positioned at the top of each wheel and usually activated by a brake cable, the brakes are composed of a calliper and return springs. These force a pair of brake pads against the sidewalls of the rim to stop the bicycle.
- Wheels: The bikes' wheels are made up of several The rim: the metal circle the tire is mounted on. The hub: the central part of the wheel from which spokes radiate. The tyre: made from rubber, mounted on the rim to form the casing for the inner tube. Inner tube: the rubber tube that sits inside the tyre and is inflated with air.
- Fork: Two tubes that attach to the front wheel and the front of the bike frame.
- Handlebars: Hold on to these to steer the bike!
- Frame: The main structural part of the bicycle. Bike frames are often made of steel, aluminium, or carbon fibre.
Doing your own bike maintenance
Being able to service, maintain and repair your own bike is a great skill to learn. Not only is it satisfying, it'll save you money on expensive services at the bike shop. Here are some of the tools you'll need to get started.
Find the Right Bike Spare Parts and Repair Accessories at Anaconda
If you'd like more information on what essential accessories you need for your bike, check out our Cycling Essentials Buyers Guide.
To talk to one of our expert team members and check out the range in person, drop into a store near you.