Shop mountain bikes built for a wide range of terrain at Anaconda. Buy quality men’s mountain bikes and women’s mountain bikes at great prices for your next adventure!
11 items found.
Why Are There Different Mountain Bike Wheel Sizes?
Historically, mountain bikes had wheels that were 26 inches in diameter - it was the standard wheel/tyre size for all off-road bicycles. Then people started to experiment with wheel sizes and it was found that larger wheel sizes 9 up to 29 inches in diameter, actually performed better in some circumstances - although a little heavier and less responsive, they provide better traction and speed. Downhill MTB racers will usually prefer the smaller wheel option, as the shorter wheelbase and smaller wheels make the bike easier to handle in those conditions. Several other options halfway between the two are also on offer and can make a good all-round mountain bike suitable for different conditions.
Will My Mountain Bike Come Ready Assembled Once Purchased?
Most of our dual suspension and full suspension mountain bikes arrive partly assembled but will need some home assembly. Our in-store staff will be pleased to advise you, and if you are buying online, our website will advise you in the product details section what to expect. You can also find instructions on how to assemble your bike here.
At Anaconda, our range of mountain bikes are built for a wide variety of terrain and are suitable for different riding styles and experiences. However, it is worth noting that a mountain bike is an investment, so we would advise that you ask for advice and take into account the level of cycling that you plan to do before committing to a particular model.
What Other Bikes & Accessories are Available at Anaconda?
- Comfort bikes: whether you're looking for a bike to get around town on or just looking for a more comfy ride, our range of comfort bikes has all your riding needs covered.
- Kid's bikes: if you're looking for the perfect bike for your little one, explore our huge range of kid's bikes to find the perfect bicycle to suit their riding style.
- Urban bikes: made from well-known brands such as Fluid, our high-quality range of urban bikes are perfect for inner-city riders!
- Racks and storage: looking for the perfect way to store your MTB? Then check out our massive range of bike racks and storage
- Bike accessories: featuring wind-proof gloves, bike locks, seat covers, safety pads, wireless bike computers and much more, you'll find everything you need in our huge range of bike accessories.
- Bike helmets: designed to meet Australian standards and featuring a range of different styles, always find the right fit with our great range of bike helmets.
- Bike trainers: our range of adjustable bike trainers are the perfect way to get the most out of your indoor bike workout at home or in the office.
- Spare parts and repair: there's nothing worse than discovering a flat bike tyre when out on a ride. Make sure you're always prepared with our huge spare parts and repair range at Anaconda!
Find the Right Mountain Bike at Anaconda
Apart from the best men's, women's and kid's mountain bikes, we also have the highest quality road bikes, cross country bikes, off-road bikes, electric bikes, BMX bikes, commuter bikes, cruisers and more. Choose the right bike for you by tailoring handlebars, wheel size, brake type, front suspension, full suspension, seat type and colour. With more options than anyone else, the choices are all yours at Anaconda. Check out our guide to choosing the right riding essentials or our guide to choosing the right bike before you set out on your next riding adventure.
Shop our entire range of dual suspension and full suspension mountain bikes online or visit us in-store today.