Kids' Low Hiking Shoes
Protect your kids’ feet with kids hiking shoes from Anaconda. Shop protective and comfortable hiking shoes for your little ones online & in-store today!
5 items found.
Support Your Kids On Their Adventures With Kids' Low Hiking Shoes
When it comes to enjoying the great outdoors, camping, hiking and trekking make a wonderful family activity. At Anaconda, we have a great range of kids' low hiking shoes that will ensure that your little ones have protective, comfortable and supportive footwear for any adventure. You can discover waterproof hiking shoes alongside other great practical features and benefits across our selection, created by trusted leading brands like Merrell and Salomon.
What Are The Best Kids' Hiking Shoes?
When it comes to finding the best kids' hiking shoes, it's important to consider the expected conditions and how the materials or construction will meet these needs. At Anaconda, we have high quality kids' hiking shoes for all environments - here are just a few of the key features you can find in the range:
- Waterproof materials & construction: Finding a pair of waterproof low hiking shoes is a great idea for your kids. Whether or not you expect to encounter wet conditions, it can almost be guaranteed that kids will find a puddle to jump in, or a creek to run through!
- Reinforced toe caps: These will ensure durability and protection across a range of terrains.
- Breathable mesh linings: Ensure comfort for little feet with lightweight meshes. You can also find "anti-stink" linings in the range - a great way to ensure everyone's comfort at the end of a long hike!
Kids' Low Hiking Shoes FAQ
Low hiking shoes vs mid hiking boots for kids
At Anaconda, we also have sturdy kids' mid hiking boots for your adventures - so how do you know what option is right for your kids? Put simply, low hiking shoes are more lightweight and flexible foot covering than hiking boots, and are better suited to shorter trips like day hikes. Kids' mid hiking boots are designed to cover the ankles, offering additional support for feet, ankles and shanks. They're best suited to when heavy backpacks are being carried, or for traversing rough or rocky terrain.
Can my kid wear low hiking shoes for running?
While they look similar in appearance, it's best to keep your kid's runners or sports shoes for their own specific purpose. Low hiking shoes are designed specifically with treads suited to gravel or dirt, as opposed to concrete or bitumen. If your child is a budding sports star or marathon runner, check out our Anaconda's range of kids' running & sports shoes as well!
How to clean and care for kids' low hiking shoes
The maintenance of your children's hiking shoes will be the same as your own. This involves cleaning the hiking shoes after every trek by brushing away dirt, mud and debris. Use a soft brush for the shoe upper, and a stiffer brush to remove material from the sole's treads. If you have leather hiking shoes, you should also add a special leather treatment at the end to ensure that the waterproof layer stays intact.
Top Tip: When your child's hiking shoes get wet, it is important not to dry them near a source of heat as this can damage the glues used in their construction. Let the shoes dry naturally and remove the insole. You can also speed up the drying process by sticking some newspaper on the inside of the shoes.
Discover A Great Range Of Kids' Footwear At Anaconda
No matter the season or what adventure you or your kids have in mind, you can find practical, supportive and comfortable footwear options across Anaconda's range of kids' footwear, including:
- Kids' Sandals & Thongs and Kids' Casual & Lifestyle Shoes: Discover comfortable options for the warmer weather by leading brands like Havaianas and Crocs. Your kids will love wearing Paw Patrol and Frozen-themed designs for any outing!
- Kids' Snow Boots and Kids' Gumboots: Protect little feet from cold and wet conditions with waterproof snow boots and gumboots.
- Kids' Water & Dive Shoes: Perfect for fishing adventures, diving adventures, or just good old-fashioned beachcombing!
- Kids' Socks and Kids' Footwear Accessories: Make sure there are no nasty blisters with the right pair of cushioned socks! You can also protect and maintain your kid's shoes with cleaning & proofing sprays, odour eliminators and more.
Shop Footwear & Camping Gear For The Whole Family With Anaconda
Camping and hiking is a great family activity - perfect for spending quality time together, keeping fit, and enjoying the spectacular beauty of Australia's beaches, forests or outback landscapes. Anaconda has all your family camping & hiking needs in one place, from packs & bags for carrying your gear, to hydration packs, tents and more. Shop the complete range online and enjoy the convenience of click & collect or home delivery - or pay a visit in-store and get the assistance of our friendly and knowledgeable team.
You can keep up to date with all of Anaconda's sales and exclusive offers by joining our Adventure Club - be sure to sign up today! For everything you need to know about exploring the great outdoors, we have fun and informative Camping & Hiking articles - including tips for camping with kids!