Your kids' footwear is an important consideration prior to embarking on a camping, hiking or ski adventure. The Anaconda kids hiking boots, hiking shoes and snow boots collection is second-to-none, manufactured for comfortable fit and featuring fun designs by name brands such as Keen, Merrell, Hi-Tec, Adidas, Timberland and The North Face, to name a few. Deck out your little kids, big kids and teens in the best waterproof hiking boots, winter boots, running shoes and breathable footwear available, all available with Anaconda's famous lowest available price guarantee.
55 items found.
Can I purchase kids footwear at Anaconda?
At Anaconda, we encourage all Australians and visitors to our shores to experience the best the outdoors has to offer. With high quality outdoor apparel and hiking shoes, your kids can join the action safely, with tender feet fully protected. High quality kids hiking shoes and hiking boots include special features such as impact-resistant and breathable insoles. Adidas Terrex is a great example of style and functionality in a hiking shoe designed for kids, boasting breathable, fast drying and waterproof materials that keep little feet snug and warm. Whether your kids need Wellies for splashing through puddles, lightweight running shoes, stylish suede footwear or waterproof hiking boots that can handle tough treatment, look no further than Anaconda kid's footwear. Check back often for new arrivals, weekly specials and best sellers. You can even purchase Anaconda gift cards and let your kids participate in hiking boot, hiking shoe and running shoe selections.
What should I look for when buying kids shoes?
Kids need shoes as soon as they start going outside, making sure they are wearing the right shoes is important all the years that they a growing and developing. Shoes will protect kids by minimising slippage and providing padding against repeated jumping, running, or stomping. Here are some of the things to keep in mind:
- Check Kids Shoes Constantly. Children, especially while very young, may not tell you that their shoes are starting to feel too tight. Instead, they may refuse to wear their shows or cry when forced to put them on. Shoes that are too small can stop kids feet from developing properly, so make sure you check your kids shoes every few weeks.
- Measure their feet.The best way to measure for shoe size is to have the child stand on a piece of paper and trace the outline of their feet onto it. Then measure from the back of the foot to the furthest toe, and check against a shoe chart. Keep in mind that some shoe manufacturers use different size guides, and don't be tempted to buy shoes a few sizes too large for them "to grow into", as too large shoes may harm their feet.
- Get Shoes That Are Easy to Put On.Younger children and even some older ones may not be able to tie their shoes very quickly or at all. Velcro fastenings, hooks and loops, stretchy laces and slip on shoes may all be suitable alternatives, and they will avoid you having to put their shoes on all the time.
- Look for breathable shoes with good traction.Kids may be on their feet for long periods of time, playing and running. Their feet may get warm, so having breathable shoes is important. Good traction will help them if their coordination is not great yet, and will prevent them slipping and falling.
- Buy shoes online!The biggest problem that many parents run into when shopping for kids shoes is that children often do not enjoy shopping for shoes, and get bored and irritated. For this reason, many parents find it easier to shop for shoes online. They can pre-pick out the ones that they approve of and then let their kids select the ones they like best.
What Other Anaconda Equipment and Apparel Should I Consider?
Waterproof hiking shoes from The North Face or Adidas are a great start, and there is so much more to explore at Anaconda. Our camping and trekking gear collection is incredibly diverse, including highest quality hiking tents, hiking backpacks, sleeping bags, hoodies, scarves, trekking poles, cookware, swimsuits, t-shirts, hammocks and even kayaks.