Shop powerful binoculars for your next adventure at Anaconda. Discover the perfect pair for wildlife watching, hunting or stargazing today!
12 items found.
Sharpen Your Focus & Vision With Powerful Binoculars From Anaconda
Take your explorations to the next level with high-quality binoculars from Anaconda's range of camping & hiking equipment. With the right pair of binoculars, you can observe native wildlife from a safe distance, or examine star constellations with ease during a peaceful stargazing session. A practical addition to any camping, trekking or marine adventure, binoculars also give you the peace of mind of being able to see ahead to any potential dangers or hazards.
What Features Can I Find In Binoculars At Anaconda?
Anaconda's binocular range is specially selected to offer you exceptional magnifications with wide fields of view, and include features such as multi-coated optics, collapsible designs, carry cases and neck straps, infra-red night vision and more! You can even find high-tech options in night vision binoculars which allow you to record experiences thanks to built-in screen features and TV connection capabilities!
What do the numbers mean on binoculars?
Model numbers on binoculars denote the magnification power (i.e. strength) and size (the objective lens diameter). For example, a pair of 10 x 50 binoculars indicates a magnification power of 10 and an objective lens size of 50 mm. Keep in mind that the larger the lens size and magnification usually equates to a heavier pair of binoculars. Opt for a smaller pair for long hikes or treks, and reserve those with larger lens sizes for observing nature in low-light scenarios.
How do binoculars work?
Binoculars contain lenses and prisms to change the direction of light that goes through them - which in turn, changes the image of the object being viewed. The lenses facing the object being viewed are known as the objective lenses. Once light passes through the objective lenses and prisms, it finally hits the lenses in the eyepieces to magnify the image. While telescopes also magnify objects to make them appear much closer than they are, binoculars offer greater portability and a wider field of view.
How to focus binoculars
Binoculars feature both a centre focusing ring or dial, as well as what is known as a diopter that can compensate for any differing vision strengths between your left and right eye. The first step in calibrating or focusing binoculars is to use the centre focus system.
- Gaze through the binoculars and ensure that your holding position is comfortable and that you see one intact circle of vision. If not, adjust the distance between the barrels by pulling outwards or pushing inwards. This is known as adjusting the IPD, or inter-pupillary distance.
- Close your right eye (or block out the right objective lens), and look through the binoculars with your left eye only.
- Choose an object to look at in the mid to long-range distance. If it's a little blurry, adjust the centre dial to bring it into clear focus.
- Then using only your right eye, look at your target again. If the object is now out of focus, rotate the diopter (not the centre focus knob) until the image is once again clear and sharp.
What Other Equipment Does Anaconda Have For My Camping Adventure?
- Travel Accessories: Discover just about anything you can imagine to add a layer of convenience and comfort to your camping trip. Our travel accessories range includes toiletry bags, travel clothes lines, electrical adaptors, portable battery packs, luggage labels & more!
- Knives & Tools: Be prepared for any eventuality with Anaconda's selection of multi-tools, pocket knives & camping knives.
- Games & Entertainment: Keep boredom at bay with outdoor games, portable games and waterproof playing cards - perfect for entertaining campers of any age!
- Metal Detectors & Prospecting: Discover the joys of treasure hunting with high-tech metal detectors or simple prospecting hand tools and accessories.
- Locks & Security: Ensure your luggage and equipment remain secure with combination locks, padlocks, security cables and wheel clamps.
- Walking Poles: Traverse rocky, rough or uneven terrain with ease thanks to your selection of walking and trekking poles.
Shop Binoculars And Essential Camping Gear With Anaconda
Anaconda is your one-stop-shop for everything camping & hiking! Explore our huge range of camping equipment at your local Anaconda store, or shop online and enjoy the convenience of 2-hour click & collect or home delivery for your order. You can find tents, sleeping equipment, camp cooking gear, packs & bags and anything else you might need for your outdoor explorations! Our Camping & Hiking Adventure Centre articles are full of inspiring tips and tricks for outdoor adventures of all kinds, while our camping & hiking buying guides will help you make informed decisions about all the equipment we have to offer. Make sure you sign up to our Adventure Club as well, for exclusive Club benefits like discounts and access to special events.