Quick Nutella Doughnuts
Sometimes you need to spoil the kids (& yourselves), and Nutella doughnuts are about as gluttonous as it gets. We've teamed up with Sam Goodwin from Masterchef to create some delicious Nutella doughnuts that can be made in 10 minutes on your next camping adventure.
They don't have to be Nutella either, you can all try your favourite toppings rolled in cinnamon sugar, filled with jam, or, try drizzling with honey, then finishing with ground cinnamon & walnuts (ala Greek loukamades).Sam Goodwin from Masterchef shows us the full recipe on ourYoutube channel.
MAKES: 12 small doughnuts
PREPARATION: 5 minutes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup Smooth ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 lemon, zest of (optional)
- Nutella,to serve
1. Heat deep-fryer, or medium saucepan of oil to 170 degrees.
2. To make doughnut batter, add ricotta & eggs to large mixing bowl. Mix together using fork.
3. Add remaining ingredients (excluding Nutella) to ricotta & egg mix, and gently combine with fork to form batter.
Tip: Do not over work batter. Small lumps of flour are ok in this mixture. This helps to create rise when cooking, resulting in a lighter doughnut.
4. To cook doughnuts, using two dessert spoons, carefully add loose balls of batter to deep frying oil. Depending on size of fryer/saucepan you may need to fry in 3-4 batches - do not overcrowd fryer.
Tip: To make batter more workable, quickly dip dessert spoons in hot frying oil before spooning batter - this reduce how much batter sticks to the spoons.
5. Fry doughnuts for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown & cooked through.
6. Remove from fryer & allow to cool slightly before transferring to serving plate.
7. Dust doughnuts with icing sugar (optional), and drizzle with Nutella, or your favourite topping.