Shop gumboots for men, women & kids at Anaconda for any wet weather adventure. Gum boots let you to slosh through water while your feet stay toasty & dry!
11 items found.
Why Choose Gumboots At Anaconda?
If you're spending any amount of time outdoors, gumboots are an essential piece of kit for protecting your feet from the elements. Campers love adult gumboots because they're easy to slip on and off when going in and out of the tent or caravan and are also easy to clean. Gumboots are also great for fishing and will keep your feet warm and dry on those cold early morning trips. They're even super handy for gardening and enable you to get good and muddy without having to hose your feet down before you go back in the house. If you can remember how much fun it is splashing in puddles when you're young, you'll know that our kid's gumboots are perfect for those rainy days. Let them burn off some energy without tracking mud back inside. At Anaconda, we've got a massive range of men's gumboots, women's gumboots and kids gumboots to suit all kinds of budgets and outdoor adventures.
What To Look For When Buying Gumboots?
There are many different factors to consider when buying gumboots to determine which boots are best for your intended uses and budget. Here are the main factors to consider when buying gumboots:
- Material: Good gumboot rubber is flexible enough to move with you to prevent discomfort and resist splitting. The best gumboots are typically made from natural rubber, although there are many PVC alternatives that provide a great level of quality as well. Natural rubber is ideal because it's cooler, more comfortable and can mould to the shape of your foot and leg.
- Weight: Weight is an important consideration as heavier gumboots will be harder to move around in. It's also worth remembering that when they get caked with mud (as they surely will) they'll get even heavier. Always remember that if you are going to be wearing your gumboots for long periods of time, choosing the more lightweight option is going to be better in the long run.
- Sole: As you'll be using your gumboots on wet surfaces, make sure you look for non-slip soles that have plenty of tread. It's also a good idea to look for adult gumboots with reasonably thick soles to protect your feet from any sharp objects. This is a major factor to consider, especially for safety if you will be wearing your gumboots in areas where you might slip and fall over.
- Insulation: Insulated gumboots are great in cold climates. However, if you are living in a more temperate climate, insulation probably isn't a necessity - although thin linings of material such as cotton can provide some extra comfort without heating up the boots too much.
- Fit: Gumboots should fit comfortably around the foot and ankle while providing enough room for movement higher up on the leg. And always remember to make sure that there is enough room to tuck your pants into the top of the gumboot to prevent wet pants!
How to clean gumboots?
Here are some simple steps when it comes to cleaning your gumboots:
- First use a clean rag to wipe away any light grime and dirt.
- Using a hose, rinse down your gumboots.
- Grab a brush and start scrubbing grime away from the soles.
- With another clean cloth, use oil (like olive oil) to erase any scuff marks you find.
How to stretch gumboots?
When it comes to stretching out your gumboots, there are a few techniques that you can try. One effective way is to wear the thickest socks that you can which will stretch and mould the rubber better to your foot and leg size. Another way is to stuff your gumboots, right down to the foot, with newspaper when you are not wearing them to also make sure that they hold their shape.
How to dry gumboots?
There are many different ways to dry out your favourite pair of gumboots, such as stuffing them with newspaper, using a hair dryer, leaving them in front of a fan, using shoe inserts, using rice and even using cat litter! However, the most effective way to dry your gumboots is to simply place them out in the sun to dry.
What's the difference between gumboots & rain boots?
There is no difference between gumboots and rain boots as they are the exact same thing. In fact, did you know that there are many different names for what we Australians call gumboots? Gumboots can also be referred to as gummies, wellies, wellingtons, muck boots, rain boots, mucking boots, wet weather boots, billy boots, rubber boots, galoshes, redbands, blucher boots, botas de agua or botas de pocero - depending on which country you are in. And with so many well-known brands such as Cape, Crocs, Bogs and more, finding the right gumboot for you has never been easier at Anaconda!
Shop The Entire Range Of Gumboots Online Or In-Store At Anaconda
Check out our awesome range of gumboots at Anaconda and make sure that you have the best gear for your next outdoor adventure! At Anaconda, we offer gift cards, Club deals, payment options and new arrivals that you won't be able to resist. Browse our entire footwear range including gaiters, men's footwear, women's footwear, kid's footwear and more, and check out our Adventure Centre for helpful tips and exciting destinations such as How To Clean Hiking Boots.