|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Whether you're going camping, out on a hike or going for a walk during cold weather, make sure you keep warm and comfortable whilst outdoors with our range of down jackets and insulated jackets! Explore our quality insulated and down jackets from big brands such as The North Face and more at Anaconda.
69 items found.
Can I Purchase Insulated & Down Jackets at Anaconda?
Yes, you can. If you are planning to be out and about in cold weather, make sure you stay warm and comfortable in a down jacket, puffer jacket, fleece jacket, waterproof jacket or sweatshirt from Anaconda. You can choose lightweight down jackets, vests, pullovers and hooded jackets for men, women, boys and girls in a range of styles.
The Anaconda down range includes natural products such as 100% goose down for maximum insulation. Down jackets have natural insect repellent properties and can be washed along with regular clothing items. At Anaconda, you will find ultralight men's down jackets, women's down jackets and kid's down jackets, all at unbeatable prices. Layered clothing is the secret behind staying warm, and Anaconda answers the call with an unbeatable range of down insulation puffer jackets, fleece jackets, sweatshirts, outerwear and base layers.
In addition, hooded down jackets, down parkas and down coats hold their shape and look good for years. These insulated down jackets are washable and fold easily for convenient storage in travel bags. They are the ultralight defence you need against UV light and are perfect for everyday use. With specifically designed down jackets for active pursuits such as skiing, snowboarding and climbing, you cannot go wrong with our range.
Why Should I Buy Down-Insulated Jackets?
Insulated layers are important in many climbing and hillwalking situations to protect ourselves from the often very harsh environment of cold weather. Through over a hundred years of mountaineering, the same principles of keeping warm have been used: windproofing, staying dry and trapping still air. Although insulated clothing has changed immensely in recent times, the principles remain the same.
How to Look After Down Jackets
Down jackets will last a long time if it is cared for properly: Here are some tips:
- Avoid getting down wet. If it does get wet, try to manually break up any lumps that form and dry the down as soon as you can.
- Don't pull protruding feathers from your down gear: any holes in the outer fabric will get bigger and make it more likely that more down will escape.
- Store your down gear uncompressed. Laboratory tests have shown that compression of down over a long period detrimentally affects its performance.
- Down is not impossible to wash, just be careful. Always check the label and if you are not sure, consult a professional cleaner.
- When your down gear seems to have lost its loft, try tumble drying it (if the garment label allows). Adding a soft object such as a tennis ball can aid loft recovery.
- For more information, check out our guide on how to choose down clothing to stay dry in wet weather.
About Down Insulation
Down is the name given to the under-feathers of waterfowl. Geese, ducks, swans and many other birds possess down. In most cases down is harvested as a by-product of the meat industry, which is one reason why goose and duck down are more often found than down from other birds.
Down is an amazing material: it has been estimated that there are 70,000 filaments in a typical gram of down, making it occupy a huge volume. Down's insulating performance is incredible: good quality down is thought to be warmer than any fibrous synthetic insulation weight-for-weight, as well as more compressible, with better compression recovery and a longer lifespan. To learn more about choosing the right down jacket, check out our guide on how to choose insulated outerwear clothing.
What Other Down Jackets are Available at Anaconda?
- Jackets and outerwear: featuring major clothing brands such as The North Face, Cederberg and Cape, our range of jackets and outerwear has all your needs covered.
- Kid's jackets and outerwear: keep your little ones warm and comfy with our fantastic range of high-quality kid's jackets and outerwear.
- Women's jackets and outerwear: whether you're out for a run, on a camping trip or trying to stay warm during winter, you'll find everything you need in our range of women's jackets and outerwear.
- Men's jackets and outwear: our huge range of men's jackets and outerwear features stretch jackets, full zip fleeces, rain jackets, hooded jackets and so much more.
Find the Right Insulated Jackets & Down Jackets at Anaconda
Our lightweight down jacket range for cold weather includes garments with synthetic lining for additional windproof and waterproof capabilities, and high grade down insulation for battling the elements in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States and anywhere else around the world. Whether you're after women's, men's or kid's down jackets, you'll find it at Anaconda.
Shop our entire range of down jackets and insulated jackets online or visit us in-store today.