We stock a huge range of high-quality thermal socks, hiking socks, sports socks, ski & merino wool socks that will keep your feet warm & protected.
67 items found.
Shop The Huge Range of Outdoor Socks Including Ski Socks, Wool Socks, Thermal Socks, Winter Socks & Hiking Socks
Options include thermal socks, elastane socks, merino socks, cotton socks and merino wool socks that are perfect for hiking and trekking in tough Australian and New Zealand conditions. We also have amazing ski socks perfect for your alpine adventure. Whether kid's socks, men's socks or women's socks, the pair you purchase should suit their intended use, so Anaconda showcases hiker socks, toe socks, work socks, crew socks and more for outdoor adventures. Thermal socks and merino wool socks are ideal for high country adventures or simply for remaining toasty warm in winter. Cotton socks are a great breathable, lightweight alternative for summer, and appropriate hiker socks will protect your feet and stop you from getting blisters along the way.
What Sock Fabrics and Materials Are Available?
Thermal socks can be made from a variety of fabrics, just like other types of apparel. Different fabrics have different properties, so if you suffer from sweaty feet or another foot problem from time to time, the material for your socks should be considered carefully. Materials include merino wool, cotton, elastane and other synthetic combinations for cushioning and comfort. Here are a few quality sock options available at Anaconda:
- Wool Socks: These include famous merino wool and other natural wool fibres. Merino wool can be blended with other fabrics such as cotton or polyester. Merino wool socks are favourites with outdoor professionals and weekend warriors in Australia and all around New Zealand. Merino wool socks are warm and moisture-wicking, keeping your feet warm and dry while avoiding sweating.
- Acrylic Socks: Acrylic socks are lightweight, affordable and quick-drying, ideal for trail running in wet and boggy environments. They are also useful as ski socks with winter boots and gym wear as they are less likely to hold foot odour.
- Cotton Socks: While cotton is an affordable, breathable fabric, it is not generally recommended for long hiking, trekking or exploration. Cotton can easily bunch and trap moisture, ultimately resulting in discomfort and blisters. However, cotton socks are great for everyday wear around the home or at work.
- Nylon Socks: This is a manmade material that is often blended with natural fibres to enhance its properties. It can make up to 50% of a sock's fabric composition, in which case the socks can have properties such as more durability and strength.
- Elastane Socks: Most socks require some degree of stretch, which allows socks to fit people with various shoe sizes. However, contrary to nylon, a stretchy material such as elastane will only be a minor percentage in the entire fabric composition, this can amount to as little as 2%.
Outdoor Socks FAQs
What sock height should I choose?
Sock height usually comes down to preference. Some people prefer low socks, as they remain hidden in shoes and are not that apparent when wearing sneakers. Other people may prefer the taller socks since these can be useful during colder temperatures.
Of course, the type of activity you will be doing while wearing the socks does matter. For example, people who intend to go skiing usually wear taller socks for added insulation. So, always think about where you will be wearing the socks before you purchase them. The Anaconda thermal socks range is vast, allowing you to step out in style your way. Browse our selections, make a wish list, and shop for the best merino wool socks, leggings and other plush footwear products.
Is the thickness of a sock important for comfort?
Anyone who regularly encounters pain in the feet could benefit from a thicker sock, as a thicker sock provides more cushioning. Of course, thicker socks are considerably warmer than their thinner equivalents. If you often encounter problems because of foot sweat, it is not necessarily the best thing to choose thicker socks. When the feet get too warm, it is quite easy for the feet to overheat and get blisters. While you could argue that thicker socks will provide more cushioning during a hike, the thickness of the socks does make sweating and subsequent blisters more likely. So, if you intend on hiking during warmer weather, you would be better off with medium socks. This means a good blend between the lightest and the heaviest socks you can find.
Ski socks vs regular socks
Ski socks are designed to be much longer and provide optimal warmth and protection when wearing ski boots or snowboard boots.
Find The Right Outdoor Socks & Ski Socks At Anaconda
At Anaconda, we offer a streamlined online purchasing experience, fast checkout, payment options, low prices on all stocked items. Fit out the entire family with the highest quality men's socks, women's socks, kid's socks and unisex socks, and appreciate the best of the great outdoors. If you're also searching for face masks, sunglasses, scarves, hats, gloves or more, turn to Anaconda for all your clothing accessory needs. We also have all the snow gear and snow clothes you need to enjoy the slopes. Shop our entire range of kids, women's and men's socks online or visit us in-store today.