4 items found.
WHY CHOOSE LIFESTRAW?
The award-winning LifeStraw personal water filter & purifier can travel with you anywhere. LifeStraw water filters weigh under 60 grams, making a LifeStraw portable water filter ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style carbon filter design lets you remove waterborne bacteria and protozoa while transforming up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water into safe drinking water. The LifeStraw Universal and LifeStraw Personal water filter & purifier use advanced hollow fiber technology without unwanted chemicals. LifeStraw Go water bottles are perfect for a school child for the entire school year, and are ideal for backpacking in regions where e.coli, giardia, Guinea worm and other waterborne dangers need mitigating.
HOW TO USE A LIFESTRAW PERSONAL WATER FILTER?
To use your LifeStraw filter, simply place one end of the LifeStraw water filtration tube into unfiltered water (a water bottle, river, or even a puddle) and suck clean water through the top of the straw. The special carbon filter is designed to remove cryptosporidium, microns, protozoa and other bacteria from water sources. LifeStraw Go filtration bottles available at Anaconda remove turbidity and provide safe water for remaining hydrated while backpacking or trekking.
WHAT MAKES LIFESTRAW IMPORTANT?
Tried and tested in the harshest conditions, LifeStraw technology was originally introduced in 2005 as an emergency response tool to filter water often contaminated following natural disasters. Today, LifeStraw is used in water filtration products around the world. It is ideal for a variety of users outside of the home, including hikers and campers, travellers and for emergency use. From hiking in Nepal, holidaying in Bali to camping locally, LifeStraw offers a lightweight, cost effective and convenient alternative to expensive filters or carrying expensive bottled water.
WHAT ARE SOME SPECIAL LIFESTRAW FEATURES?
- LifeStraw water purifiers let you drink directly from streams and lakes, or from a bottle
- Advanced hollow fiber membrane technology to filter up to 1,000 litres of water to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli and salmonella
- Removes 99.9% waterborne protozoa, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- LifeStraw doesn't use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals and is BPA-free
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- BPA free and no unwanted chemicals.