Win a trip to ski in Japan!
Enter for your chance to WIN a trip to ski in Japan! Tell us in 50 words or less "why you'd like to Ski Japan?"
Congratulations to the winner of our 'Win a Trip to Ski in Japan' Competition:
N Thompson, Charlestown, NSW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ANACONDA WIN A TRIP TO SKI IN JAPAN COMPETITION 2019
Commencement Date: 12.01am AEST on Monday 3rd June 2019
Closing Date: 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 21st July 2019
Who can enter
All current Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
How to enter
During the Promotional Period, spend $150 or more in a single transaction on XTM or Chute branded product in any Anaconda store or on the Anaconda eCommerce site, then tell us in 50 words or less “why you’d like to Ski Japan” to enter the draw.
The transaction must be paid in full during the promotional period.
Competition opt-in will occur on the dedicated Anaconda "Win a trip to Ski Japan" competition entry page, which will be advertised in store and online, and linked through from the Anaconda eCommerce site.
Valid receipt number is required for entry, along with name, phone number, email address, state, postcode and confirmation of agreement to T&Cs as well as the 50 word statement.
A trip for two adults to Hakuba, Japan, including;
- Return economy airfares for 2 adults from the winner’s nearest capital city to Tokyo, Japan (excl taxes).
- 7 nights accommodation at Hakuba Gateway Hotel (or equivalent) for 2 adults twin share.
- Daily breakfast for 2 adults.
- Return transfers for 2 adults from Tokyo’s Narita or Haneda Airport’s to Hakuba Gateway Hotel.
- 6 day lift passes for 2 adults to all 10 Hakuba Valley Resorts.
- 6 days equipment rental for 2 adults including Standard(beginner) or Deluxe (intermediate or greater ability) rental sets from Niseko Base. Snowboard set includes; Snowboard and Boots. Ski set includes; Ski’s, Boots, Poles.
- AUD $1,000 Anaconda Gift Card
Total value of prize pool – approximately $10,000 AUD
(due to fluctuating flight prices and associated factors outside of the control of the Promoters (such as the location of the winner) an exact prize value cannot be specified).
The prize is subject to availability and it must be booked in full at least 1 month prior to travel.
The prize can be taken during 1 of 2 travel periods:
- 1st – 20th December 2019, or;
- 1st – 31st March 2020
The prize must be taken in full with the time in Japan falling within these dates.
Prize Selection Method
The Promoters will judge the entries and determine the winner, which it considers in its absolute discretion, to be the most creative answer to “why you’d like to Ski Japan”.
This is a game of skill, and chance shall play no part in determining the winner.
Initial Prize Selection
Will take place at the Australian office of Anaconda Group Pty Ltd (address below) at 10 am (AEST) on Friday 26th July 2019
Unclaimed Prize Selection
If a winner has not come forth to claim a prize/s within 2 weeks of the Initial Prize Selection, an unclaimed prize selection will be conducted at the Australian office of Anaconda Group Pty Ltd (address below) at 10am (AEST) on Friday 9th August 2019.
Anaconda Group Pty Ltd (ABN 53 955 173 782) Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Vic 3205, Australia
Ski Japan Travel (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 74 007 885 949) Suite 602, Level 6, 116 Military Road, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089, Australia
XTM Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 81 101 383 304) 14 St Andrews Drive, Jan Juc, VIC 3228, Australia
- By entering this competition, and by attempting to do so, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and expressly gives the consents referred to in these Terms and Conditions. Any person who attempts to enter this competition shall be referred to in these Terms and Conditions as an “entrant”, irrespective of whether any competition entry is accepted by the Promoters.
- The above table forms part of these Terms and Conditions and contains details concerning when, who and how to enter; the time, place & method of prize selection; prize details; and who the Promoters are and any permit details. Products required to be purchased for entry (if any) will not always be available at every store or via the shop at home service or online store and any rainchecks, lay by purchases or payments will not be counted for entry purposes.
- The Promoters, their associated agencies and companies, and officeholders, management, employees contractors of the Promoters and their associated agencies and companies and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to win any prize.
- The Promoters’ decisions in relation to any aspect of this competition (including in relation to prize selections) is final and binding on each person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner/s will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the relevant prize selection, and in writing by email as far as practicable within two business days and no more than five business days after the date of the prize selection. The name of the winner will be published on the Promoters’websites and/or social media pages
- The winner/s consents to their name, town/suburb of residence and a photo being published by the Promoters including, but not limited to, being published on the Promoters’ respective Internet sites,social media pages, in their stores and in marketing material for an unlimited time and without remuneration as a condition of acceptance of the prize. Further information will be published only with the permission of the winner.
- Prize/s are not changeable or exchangeable. Any images associated with the prize/s are for promotional purposes only. Prizes comprising gift cards/vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions related to those gift cards/vouchers and might have an expiry date or redemption conditions such as a requirement that the entire voucher must be redeemed in one transaction or the remaining sum will be forfeited.
- All other costs not included in the prize package are the winner’s responsibility. These include without limitation, costs relating to passports, visas, government levies, ground transport, travel insurance,meals, beverages, spending money, additional taxes, all insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to additional room charges such as pay per view movies,laundry, room service, mini-bar, telephone calls), any upgrades, pre-flight or in flight purchases or additional nights and all other ancillary costs.
- The winner and each of their companions are solely responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate travel documentation. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoters makes no representation as to the safety,conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Promoters strongly recommend the winner obtains (at the winner’s own cost) travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the winner’s holiday, to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The prize may only be transferred, but not sold for profit, to a person of the winner’s choice if that person is over 18 years of age.
- The prize is subject to availability and it must be booked at least 1 month prior to travel, for departure during the periods 1st December to 20th December 2019 or 1st March to 31st March 2020. Accordingly,the prize must be booked by no later than 1 November 2019 for December 2019 travel, or 1 February 2020 or March 2020 Travel (“Redemption Deadline”). To redeem the prize, the winner shall provide the Promoters and their nominated Travel Agency with the full name of the travellers, date of birth, passport number as appears on their passport, as well as all other required travel booking information, and confirm preferred dates of travel 1 month prior to the preferred departure date. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of reservation. No changes to itinerary and accommodation is permitted once the Promoters have confirmed dates of travel and accommodation or if allowed, it may be subject to a surcharge or administrative fees which shall be borne by the winner. If the winner fails to redeem the whole or part of the prize within the Redemption Deadline, the relevant unredeemed portion of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of prize. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoters may substitute that prize for another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoters, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory where required.
- Any change in value occurring between the publishing date and the date the prize is redeemed is not the responsibility of the Promoters. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoters, at all times acting reasonably, reserves the right to substitute that prize or element with another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoters (acting reasonably), subject to the approval of any relevant authority if required.
- The Promoters reserve the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any eligible entrant (and to prohibit that entrant from resubmitting an entry into the competition) where the Promoters believe that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted otherwise than in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. The Promoters may also disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive manner or who acts with intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or who behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoters or any of their related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, or who engages in conduct which is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Entries must not include any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, objectionable or inappropriate(which includes any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or obscene language).
- If for any reason (including due to tampering or interference) this competition is not capable of running as planned, subject to the approval of those authorities which have issued permits for the conduct of this competition, the Promoters, at all times acting reasonably, reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected entries, illegible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged entries) or entries deemed ineligible due to incorrect entrant information. The Promoters will not accept entries which are incomplete, illegible, or which are generated by computers or other automated means.
- The Promoters assume no responsibility for any error, omission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoters are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoters on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- The Promoters will take all necessary steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but will accept no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost. If a Membership card/number is not produced at the time of purchase, then that purchase will not be credited against the Member’s accumulated total for the purposes of entering the competition. If the P.O.S System fails or if the Membership number is recorded incorrectly, every effort will be made to record the data not captured at the time of the purchase, where practical.
- The Promoters will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to in director consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in connection with the competition, any omission to enter a person into the competition, acceptance of the prize or the prize itself, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. The winner releases the Promoters, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and suppliers (the “Released Parties”)from all liability, loss and damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- The Promoters are not liable for any tax implications arising from any prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by the prize winner if necessary. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that were the parties are at arm’s length goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Each entrant consents to their details being used for future promotions carried out by the Promoters collectively or any Promoter separately. Entrants can request not to receive information about future promotions from a Promoter by calling 1300 305 405 (in the case of Anaconda Group Pty Ltd) or +81-136-22-4611 (in the case of Ski Japan Travel (Aust) Pty Ltd) or (03) 5261 6948 (in the case of XTM Australia Pty Ltd) or unsubscribing from email communications from that Promoter. Each Promoter may continue to provide entrants with information for an indefinite period unless and until that Promoter is advised otherwise by the entrant.
- The Promoters collect and use personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the competition and may,for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to any applicable regulatory authorities. By entering this competition and providing their PI, each entrant agrees to such disclosure. Although an entrant may choose not to provide certain information, please be aware that this may affect the entrant’s eligibility towin the competition. The Promoters will use and handle PI as set out in their respective Privacy Policies,which can be viewed at www.anacondastores.com/privacy-policy, http://www.skijapan.com/privacy-policy/ and https://www.xtm.com.au/privacy-policy/. An entrant can gain access to, update or correct any personal information held by a Promoter by contacting the Promoter on the number set out in clause 21 of these terms. . All personal information will be held at the office of the relevant Promoter or on IT systems controlled by the Promoter, in respect of which reasonable security arrangements are in place to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoters’ respective Privacy Policies, each entrant consents to the Promoters collectively or any Promoter separately, for an indefinite period,unless otherwise advised in email or other writing by the entrant, using the PI for promotional,marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages to or telephoning the entrant. The Promoters’ Privacy Policies also contain information about how entrants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, how entrants may complain about a breach of the applicable Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. The Promoters will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia or New Zealand.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.