Boating Life Jackets
On the water? The single most important thing to have is a life jacket, vest or PFD for each person on board. Explore more boating safety at Anaconda.
29 items found.
On the water? The single most important thing to have is a life jacket or PFD for each person on board. Life jackets are compulsory safety equipment in Australia, with everyone in the boat expected to have an age and size-appropriate life jacket. Australian standards are high for water safety equipment, and Anaconda stocks a wide range of personal flotation devices and inflatable life jackets for use while journeying on open waters. Check out the extensive range of boat life jackets at Anaconda and enjoy a safe day on the water.
CAN I PURCHASE BOATING LIFE JACKETS AT ANACONDA?
Yes you can. If you are spending time on the open water canoeing, kayaking or boating, you should have a life jacket or personal flotation device (PFD) close at hand in case of emergency. The unbeatable Anaconda watersports collection for boaters is designed for marine safety wherever you are in Australian waters. Our range of life jackets extends to a wide-range of watersports activities including kayaking, recreational boating, water skiing and more.
If you are heading out in a dinghy, paddle board, wakeboard, Jet Ski, inflatable boat or recreational vessel, the right life jacket in good condition is an essential feature of watersports and boat safety. You are expected to carry a life jacket in good working order, as ordered by law in NSW and other Australian states. Check out the wide range of high quality life jackets and PFDs at Anaconda, and get the most out of our amazing Australian waterways.
WHAT TYPES OF BOATING LIFE JACKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT ANACONDA?
Anaconda offers a whole range of boating life jackets for men, women and children from reputable brands including Seak, Body Glove, Comocean and others. Available in varying styles, colours and designs, they are all designed to keep the wearer safe without restricting active movement while out enjoying water sport activities.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF LIFE JACKETS THAT ARE USED?
There are 3 main levels of life jackets:1. For use in smooth waters: 'Level 50 special purpose' or 'Level 50S' for lifejackets made to AS 4758
This type of lifejacket:
- May be a specified buoyancy wetsuit.
- Are for use in smooth water and only when the user is likely to be in the water for a short time.
- Can be used by skiers or people being towed in smooth waters.
- Can be used by PWC riders in smooth waters.
This type of lifejacket:
- Helps keep you afloat but does not have a collar to keep the head above water.
- Can be used by skiers or people being towed in smooth or partially smooth waters.
- Can be used by PWC riders in smooth and partially smooth waters or beyond those waters.
ARE MY CURRENT LIFE JACKETS STILL SUITABLE FOR USE?
As with all safety equipment, it is important that you check your life jackets regularly for wear and tear, possible defects etc. Life jackets should display information about the standard they adhere to. The current standard is AS 4758, but older jackets can still be used if in good conditions. In 2015, Standards Australia published a revised edition of the AS 4758 series of Australian Standards on lifejackets. Some of the main changes included:
- Addition of a new L25 buoyancy category for competent swimmers for specialist activities.
- New requirements for a body mass of between 5 and 10 kg.
- Harmonisation of L50 buoyancy requirements with international standards.
Materials and components - Requirements and test methods
- New requirements have been included for inflation indicators and gas cylinders.
- New requirements for inflation indicators, weight categories, performance levels and performance testing.
Check out the different boating life jackets for sale at Anaconda before your next trip on the water!