PENN Authority Spinning Reel - The New Saltwater Standard
Raising the bar and setting the new standard for saltwater spinning, the PENN Authority Spinning Reel has just been released at Anaconda. Creating fishing reels that have been setting records in almost every IGFA (International Game Fish Association) classification, the new PENN Authority Spinning Reel is designed and built for the serious angler.
One Of The Most Advanced Reels
With a rich history dating all the way back to 1932, the PENN Fishing Tackle Manufacturing Company has become one of the most well-known brands in the world of fishing - and a popular choice for experienced anglers. Since launching its first spinning reel in 1961, PENN has continued to revolutionise the industry with its world-class spinning reels, showcasing reels that are made with cutting-edge materials and crafted with precision engineering.
As one of the most advanced reels on the market, the new PENN Authority Spinning Reel has already set the new standard for saltwater spinning reels. Featuring an IPX8 sealed body and spool, it is designed to easily take a pounding when fishing in big surf or taking long runs in rough, heavy seas.
Setting The Standard For Saltwater Spinning
The new PENN Authority Spinning Reel at Anaconda is beefed up with a range of impressive features that have made it the authority when it comes to saltwater fishing reels.
- Machined Aluminium Power Knob: the AUTHORITY™ machined aluminium Power Knob allows you to grip and crank with absolute confidence, no matter the type of fish you're hunting. The PENN Authority Spinning Reel also includes spare Hypalon handle knobs.
- Full Metal Body, Sideplate & Rotor: built to be extremely tough, its full metal body, rotor and sideplate will keep the gears aligned and protected, with the strong AUTHORITY™ frame eliminating any flex.
- Bail Trip: the PENN Authority Spinning Reel features a manual bail trip that prevents accidental bail closing in heavy applications.
- Stainless Steel CNC Main & Pinion Gears: featuring a stainless-steel gear train that is combined with a fully supported spool shaft and pinion tail, the PENN Authority Spinning Reel is extremely durable under the heaviest loads.
- IPX8 Sealed Body, Spool, Drag Assembly & Handle: the PENN Authority Spinning Reel has been approved by the International Ingress Protection Rating for zero water ingress during half an hour submerged in one metre depth of water while the rest of the reel components are stationary.
- 12+1 Sealed Stainless Steel Premium Bearing System: the PENN Authority Spinning Reel is their smoothest reel while also having maximum bearing support for even the most heaviest of drag loads.
- Braid Ready: the PENN Authority Spinning Reel has a textured ring at the base of the spool for tying braid right onto and is designed to eliminate the need to use monofilament backing before spooling and any slippage.
- Hydrophobic Line Roller Bearing: the sealed stainless steel bearing features a special hydrophobic coating that beads away water from the exposed spin reel, offering exceptional long-term performance.
- Sealed Slammer® Drag System With Dura-Drag™: with ultra smooth Dura-Drag™ carbon fibre washers, the PENN Authority Spinning Reel eliminates hesitation under the most extreme drag settings and has a phenolic bonding agent that reduces water intrusion and wear.
Now Available At Anaconda
With an IPX8 sealed body and spool that offers smooth and precise casting, extreme durability under heavy loads and much, much more, the new PENN Authority Spinning Reel at Anaconda is designed to keep up with the most experienced anglers. When it comes to raising the bar of saltwater spinning, the PENN Authority Spinning Reel has set the new standard.