Can I purchase boxing gear at Anaconda?
Yes, you can. Boxing is a popular sport and hobby for many people but boxing – or rather the training – is also very beneficial for health and fitness. Here are some of the benefits that can be enjoyed by taking up boxing:
1. Boxing increases overall athleticism. Being a good boxer requires a lot of endurance, strength, power and a fair amount of speed and agility. Although having athleticism is a bonus when you start boxing, it is not a prerequisite to train the sport. You can develop the skills to become a decent boxer. After training boxing for a while, you will feel yourself become faster, stronger, more durable, and more agile.
2. Boxing is both mental as well as physical. The physical and mental toughness gained from boxing can translate into other parts of your life. You will find that your pain threshold will increase too.
3. Boxing gives you the ability to defend yourself. This is probably the most obvious benefit of boxing aside from the conditioning. It is also a reason why more and more women and girls are interested in learning about boxing.
4. Boxing increases self-confidence and self-esteem. Self-confidence is the degree in which you value your ability. Self-esteem is the degree in which you value yourself. When you acquire a new skill and become competent at it, you become surer of yourself and value yourself much more.
5. Boxing increases (stabiliser) muscles. Boxing works a lot of muscles although the muscles may not get huge. Specifically, boxing works out the anterior and posterior deltoids, pectoralis major, biceps, triceps, and a range of core and back muscles.
What types of boxing gear are available from Anaconda?
Anaconda stocks a number of items in the boxing range that will enable you to train by yourself, spar with a partner, or actually take part in a match. You will find punch bags, speed bags and skipping ropes here, as well as gloves of various kinds for both men and women, plus the liners and hand wraps needed to protect your hands. Mitts, normally worn by another person, allow you to practice your punches. All these items are available from Anaconda.
What else do I need to know about boxing?
When boxing or training for boxing, you need to make sure that you are wearing the right types of sportswear that will allow you plenty of freedom of movement, while after sessions you need to ensure that the muscles do not cool off too rapidly, so covering up is essential. Comfortable footwear is also essential. Check out the huge range of sportswear and footwear at Anaconda to find the correct items for your boxing session or training session, as well as for a large gym bag or carry bag to store all your boxing accessories.