SUN SMART AT THE SNOW
DID YOU KNOW THAT GETTING SUNBURNT AT THE SNOW IS JUST AS LIKELY AS AT THE BEACH?
Most people only associate sunburn with summer and the warmer months, but ultraviolet rays from the can be just as strong in the cold winter snow.
When we go to the snow we can be exposed to the suns UV rays directly from the sun and then again as it is reflecting off the snow. This is why it is so important to make sure you prepare for the sun before hitting the slopes.
Here are some tips we have pulled together on how to protection yourself on the mountain:
- Cover up your skin with clothing.
- Make sure you remember to put on sunscreen to the skin that is exposed.
- Wear a hat to protect you head.
- Try and stick to the shade.
- Where sunglasses or google to protect your eyes.
- Buy a travel sunscreen to clip onto your jacket or put in your pocket so you can reapply on the mountain.