Zesty Chargrilled Chicken Tacos
We’ve teamed up with Sam Goodwin from Masterchef to create some chargrilled chicken tacos. They are the perfect meal for the family to get involved with. There’s not much cooking but plenty of small prep jobs the kids can help with. The best part; everyone can construct & garnish to their own tastes!
MAKES: 6 tacos
1. To prepare chicken, place between two sheets of baking paper and beat to 10-15mm thick with meat tenderizer or rolling pin.
2. Place chicken in large dish with marinade ingredients. Toss to
combine, then set aside to marinade whilst you prepare other ingredients.
3. To make Tomato Salsa, chop tomato, onion, coriander, add lime zest and juice, olive and salt then gently mix to combined.
4. To cook chicken, heat BBQ or cast-iron griddle pan over high heat. Keep the pan dry (no oil) to maximize char-grilled effect on chicken. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing all excess oil to drip off. Place in hot pan & grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly then slice into 1cm wide slices.
5. To prepare avocado, scoop out flesh into medium mixing bowl. Season with lime juice and salt. Coarsely mash & mix to create a rough guacamole.
6. To serve, top tortillas with guacamole, sour cream & shredded lettuce. Finish with
sliced chicken and garnish with tomato salsa.