Gear up for your next big catch with our range of fishing rods, including spin rods and overhead rods. Shop fishing rods online at Anaconda.
3 items found.
What Are The Different Types Of Fishing Rods Available At Anaconda?
There are hundreds of fishing rods (also known as fishing poles) available at Anaconda online or in-store. From boat fishing rods to light fishing rods and everything in between, the gear you choose should provide all-round fishing satisfaction according to your fishing style, from leading brands such as Berkley, Penn, Daiwa and more. Fishing is an ideal way to connect with the outdoors, and fishing rods make great gifts, fun accessories and partners for life. At Anaconda, the quality choices are all yours, whether you are a beginner dipping your toes in the water or an experienced boatie looking for the best boat fishing rod available.
With the right fishing rod in experienced hands, there is a far greater chance of a successful fishing trip, and the fishing rod choices at Anaconda are designed to satisfy every type of angler. Here's a breakdown of the different types of fishing rods you will find in our range:
- Casting fishing rods: A well-balanced casting rod allows you to accurately place the bait or lure you are using. Casting rods are a great option for both casual and experienced anglers. Designed to be used with a baitcaster reel, casting rods feature guides that face upwards. This is to prevent the fishing line from getting tangled up when casting.
- Spinning fishing rods: Slightly smaller and lighter than casting rods with a spinning reel underneath, spinning fishing rods are used by amateur fishermen worldwide. Spinning rods have line guides that are mounted on the bottom of the fishing pole so that they line up with the fishing reel.
- Deep sea fishing rods: Designed for use on boats, deep sea fishing rods are thick, heavy-duty and usually quite short in case a tough shark or a game fish takes the bait. Deep sea fishing rods are typically made from materials such as graphite and fibreglass, which is why they feature much more flexibility than other types of fishing rods.
- Rock fishing rods: Safety starts with appropriate fishing gear, footwear and clothing. An extra-length durable rock fishing rod allows you to land big fish from a safe distance. Rock fishing rods typically feature lengths of around three metres and are commonly used with spinning reels.
- Surf fishing rods: Deserving of their own category for Australians, surf rods allow you to wade in for a long cast, settle into your favourite beach chair, enjoy the serenity and wait for the action. Surf rods are generally the longest and heaviest fishing rods you can get. Surf rods are designed to cast very long distances and to provide support when reeling in heavy fish from a far distance.
How Long Should A Fishing Rod Be?
It's never too soon to learn how to fish, and most youngsters start off with a hand reel at some point. However, it won't be long before more substantial fishing equipment is required to bring home the catch of the day, and experienced anglers own various fishing rods suited for different purposes. Extremely long surf rods are a common sight on Australian beaches, while shorter, stouter rods are ideal for use on sea-going vessels.
For beginners, a spinning reel rod is a good option. They are a basic set-up without too many moving parts. You don't generally need to cast long distances, making a compact fishing rod set-up a good choice while you are adapting your personalised fishing style. If you catch the fishing bug, it won't be long before you own a range of rods for various types of fishing. It isn't surprising, especially as Anaconda offers a lowest price guarantee, a superior range of products and an unbeatable online or in-store purchasing experience.
What Other Types Of Fishing Gear Can I Find At Anaconda?
At Anaconda, we have a massive range of fishing gear, equipment and accessories for all your fishing needs. You will discover high-quality life jackets, fishing clothing, fishing storage, clothing accessories, fishing reels, fishing lures, fishing line, rod holders, boat covers and so much more. Everything you need for your need fishing adventure can be found at Anaconda.
Fishing Rod FAQs
How to set up a fishing rod?
Here are the basic steps on how to set up a fishing rod:
- First make sure that all the parts of your fishing rod are clean.
- Connect the multiple sections of the fishing rod by sliding them into each other.
- Align the reel with the ferrule and slide it into the joints.
- Once connected, secure the reel seat by tightening it.
- Spool the reel by lifting the bale arm and feeding the line through the rod guide, making sure it goes through to the top of the rod.
How to cast a fishing rod?
Here are the basic steps on how to cast a fishing rod:
- Make sure you are holding your fishing rod at waist level.
- Wind in the line, leaving between 30 to 50cm of line from the tip of the rod.
- Holding the rod, place your fingers between the reel foot.
- Bring the line roller directly underneath the fishing rod.
- Ensure you're holding the fishing line against the fishing rod with your index finger, then open the bail arm.
- Look behind you and make sure the area is clear.
- Now bring the fishing rod back behind you to a two o'clock position.
- Cast the fishing rod by bringing it forward smoothly, releasing the fishing line once you have hit the ten o'clock position.
What kind of rod is best for fishing?
When it comes to understanding what type of fishing rod is best for you, there are certain factors you need to consider first. Learning about the different types of fishing rods will give you an understanding of exactly what you need regarding the type of fishing you are doing. Other factors you need to understand include the speed of the rod and its power. For more information, check out our guide on How To Choose A Spinning Reel.
Shop The Entire Range Of Fishing Rods Online Or In-Store At Anaconda
Check out our awesome range of fishing rods at Anaconda and make sure that you have the best gear for your next fishing adventure! At Anaconda, we offer gift cards, Club deals, payment options and new arrivals that you won't be able to resist. Browse our entire fishing range including travel fishing rods, fishing reels, fishing combos and more, and check out our Adventure Centre for helpful tips and exciting destinations such as How To Maintain Your Fishing Gear.