Easter is a favourite camping holiday season in Australia. The Easter long weekend is a great opportunity to get away from it all and enjoy an extended break at favourite camping spots, holiday parks and national parks. From South Australia to Fraser Island and beyond, Australia boasts endless opportunities for an unbeatable Easter camping experience, and Anaconda is here to help you enjoy your time to the max.
13 items found.
What to bring on your Easter camping holiday?
Easter camping ideas are as varied as the people of Australia. While some of us prefer a luxury glamping experience, others find nothing more satisfying than a minimalist getaway in total isolation. The good news is that Australia is big enough for everyone, with Anaconda Easter camping ideas ready to match all expectations.Camping is an opportunity to get outside and reconnect with nature. It is also a time for quality time and bonding with family and friends. Whether you require creature comforts or simply the bare necessities, a camping checklist will ensure your essentials are covered.
Here is a basic Easter camping checklist courtesy of Anaconda to get your adventure started.
- Family tent, dark room tent, dome tent, pop-up tent or 4WD rooftop tent
- Sleeping bags and sleeping mats
- Camping chairs and hammocks
- Camping table
- Gazebo, marquee, tarps
Extras include generators, fold-out kitchen, fold-out beds, mosquito nets, pillows
The Camp Kitchen
- Gas stove or gas BBQ
- Esky/Chilly Bin/Ice or powered portable fridge/freezer
- Cookware, tableware and utensils
- Water storage containers and water bottles
- Plastic tub for dishwashing
- Rubbish bags
- Detergent, dish towels, scourers, sponges
- Can opener / bottle openerExtras include Tupperware storage containers, kettle, coffee plunger, pre-packaged mealsSpare parts and tool kit
- Mallet / Hammer
- Extra tent pegs
- Extra rope
- Dustpan and broom
- Tent repair kit
- Duct tape
- Extras include shovel, axe, camping knife
- Toilet paper and tissues
- Biodegradable soap and sanitiser
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Extras include personal wipes, solar camp shower, camp toilet, hairbrush, hair ties
- Camping Health & Safety
- First Aid kit
- Non-perishable foodstuffs
- Clean drinking water
- Torches, lanterns, solar lighting
- Portable charger and spare batteries
- Maps/GPS/CompassExtras include locator beacon, lightweight emergency blanket, personal medicines
- Waterproof or water-resistant shoes/boots
- Waterproof or water-resistant jacket, raincoat and other outer layers
- Quick-dry clothing and undergarments
- UPF sun-protection apparel
- Hats, caps, beanies
- Thermal wear and fleece garments for colder climates
- SwimwearExtras include gloves, long johns, thick socks, gaiters, waders, beach towels
What is the best camping gear for an Easter getaway?
Easter is Autumn-time in Australia, and the weather remains relatively warm in most regions. However, southern alpine regions and Tasmania can get cold, and outback desert regions cool down fast when the sun goes down. Check out historical weather patterns at your intended Easter camping location, and keep updated with prevailing conditions for a safe adventure.The camping gear you pack should cover all eventualities, including weather conditions that are a little warmer or cooler than anticipated. In addition, wet weather gear is highly recommended for combatting extreme conditions. Fortunately, Anaconda has all bases covered, whether you intend to soak up the rays on the Sunshine Coast, trek the outback, or head to the high country.
What are must haves for Easter camping with the family?
The above checklist will point you in the right direction, although there is always room to style your Easter camping holiday your way. Easter 2020 is gearing up to be a special time for outdoors people, and a great opportunity to introduce the entire family to the wonders of the Australian outdoors. The Easter long weekend and school holidays are popular times for holidaymakers and it will pay dividends to plan your getaway months in advance.
Family and kids camping essentials include:
- Comfy sleeping bags, sleeping mats, pillows, soft toys, bedtime stories, dark room tent
- Camping snacks and treats that are easy to portion for the entire trip
- Sunscreen and insect protection, plus protective clothing and mosquito nets
- Toys and adventure gear such as walkie-talkies, headlamps and fishing gear
- Flashlights and lanterns for night-time adventure activities
- First Aid additions such as sanitary wipes, tweezers, calamine lotion and aloe vera
Where to go camping at Easter?
The choices are all yours, although safety is the highest priority. Keep updated with bushfire or flood warnings before departure, and heed all instructions and advice from emergency services personnel. With appropriate planning and the right Anaconda outdoor equipment and apparel on your side, your camping holiday in Australia will be safe, fun and memorable.Include friends and family in decision making regarding suggested camping spots and your Easter itinerary. If possible, avoid congestion and delays during heavy traffic times, and take time out to enjoy the journey as well as the destination. If driving long distances, bring along some non-messy snacks for the ride, along with games and creature comforts to keep the young ones occupied and satisfied.Explore Anaconda camping equipment and apparel online or in-store for all-round camping satisfaction. We are Australia's favourite camping and outdoor equipment and apparel retailer for all the right reasons, including an unbeatable range of high quality products from name brands, all available at the lowest possible price. Shop at Anaconda, save money, and have your best Easter camping holiday ever.