|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
How to Cook up an Easter Feed On Your Camping Trip
When it comes to cooking up a delicious feast on your next camping trip this Easter, Anaconda has teamed up with Melbourne's homegrown Michael Demagistris to ensure you absolutely knock it out of the park. Having worked in top restaurants around the world and trained by world-renowned chefs (and being a finalist on MasterChef: The Professionals), Michael knows exactly how to elevate your camp cooking skills with this fantastic camp meal that is perfect for this Easter.
- 2 Half Chickens fully deboned
- Half avocado
- 200g Mixed medley tomatoes sliced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Continental cucumber peeled
- 1/2 Red onion finely sliced
- 2 Baby cos lettuce
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 50g Pecorino cheese
- 200g Labneh or Sour Cream
- 1 pkt 10 inch tortilla wraps
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs & spices
- 1/2 tbsp Pink salt
- 100 g Butter
- 1/4 Bunch thyme
- 1/4 Bunch chives finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Honey
Herb Oil Dressing
- 50ml Olive oil
- 1/2 Bunch finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 Bunch finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup Finely sliced spinach
- 1 tbsp Finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Capers
- Preheat BBQ to medium heat
- Marinate the chicken in the olive oil, sweet paprika, smoked paprika and salt, massage into chicken until fully coated, set aside for approx 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a medium size saucepan add butter and melt, add thyme and chives, once caramelised add honey and continue to cook until nutty brown.
- Using two wire cake racks place on top of BBQ grill this will stop the chicken from burning and cooking too quick. Place both half chicken pieces flesh side down, close the lid and cook for 8 to 10 min every 3 or so minutes I suggest to baste the chicken with the butter honey marinate. After 10 min turn over and repeat process. Please note that the Chicken breast will cook quicker than the legs so once breast is cooked remove and continue to cook the legs.
- Once all the chicken is cooked place in a bowl together and pour over any remaining butter honey marinate mix and let that rest for approx 10 minutes.
- Finely slice avocado, tomato, cucumber, red onion. Clean baby cos lettuce and separate the leaves. Slice the lemon and lime in half.
- Mixed spinach, parsley, mint, capers, parmesan, add juice of 1/2 lemon, 50 ml of olive oil and salt to taste, mix well.
- Remove the cake racks from the BBQ and wipe the surface as much as you can, place the tortilla wraps on the BBQ for approx 20 to 40 seconds until it gets the charred colouring.
- Finely slice the chicken breast and pull meat off the legs, then you are ready to assemble your wrap
- Lay out your wraps add a generous amount of labneh or sour cream, place cos lettuce, tomato then add a little salt, continue to layer with cucumber, red onion, avocado, mint leaves, juice of 1/2 lime, slice chicken, grated pecorino and spoon on the herb dressing then wrap it up and enjoy!
Note: if using labneh, mix the yoghurt and salt together in a small bowl and then scrape the mixture into a layer of cheesecloth, then tie the cheesecloth around a wooden spoon, bring the edges of the cheesecloth together and knot them around the spoon handle, place the spoon across the top of a deep bowl so that the labneh hangs in the centre without touching the bottom of the bowl. Chill for 24 hours or at least overnight. The longer you strain the yoghurt the thicker the labneh will be. Once you're happy with texture remove the cheesecloth and its ready to use, or it can be stored in an airtight container.
Cook Up This Delicious Camp Feast With Anaconda This Easter
If you want to show off your cooking skills around the camp BBQ this Easter, Michael Demagistris and Anaconda has you covered. Whether you need camping tableware for a larger group, quality camp cooking equipment or anything in between, you will find everything you need in our massive camping range at Anaconda. Has this recipe got you hungry for more? Then check out our Adventure Centre for more amazing camping recipes, tips and destinations such as: